Friday, November 22
8 AM to 2 PM – Workshop, including breakfast and lunch
Location: University of Missouri St. Louis
PDI is free to attend but pre-registration is required.
About This Workshop
This year St. Louis Graduates and EducationPlus will hold two Professional Development Institute workshops on connecting students to career pathways. The November 22 workshop will focus on tools, resources and strategies to help students plan for a postsecondary education that matches their career aspirations. Topics include building a culture in school that focuses on college and career, engaging parents and families in career planning, and tools counselors can use to help high school age students plan for life after high school. In February we will host a second workshop focused on career pathways, including site visits to training programs and employers.
- High school college and career advisors, particularly those working predominantly with low-income students, first-generation students and students of color
- High school guidance counselors
- Advisors in youth-serving non-profit organizations who support postsecondary planning
- Professionals advising youth on college and career plans
- Postsecondary professionals are welcome to attend but please note the focus of PDI workshops is on college access and planning while in high school. St. Louis Graduates hosts a separate professional development program – Student Success Learning Institutes – designed to share strategies to support students once enrolled in college. See our website for more information.
The Professional Development Institute is made possible with support from the Norman J. Stupp Foundation, Commerce Bank trustee, and The Pettus Foundation.