This workshop took place on Friday, November 22.
This year St. Louis Graduates and EducationPlus will hold two Professional Development Institute workshops on connecting students to career pathways. The November 22 workshop focused on tools, resources and strategies to help students plan for a postsecondary education that matches their career aspirations. Topics included building a culture in school that focuses on college and career, engaging parents and families in career planning, and tools counselors can use to help high school age students plan for life after high school. In February we will host a second workshop focused on career pathways, including site visits to training programs and employers.
Materials from the Nov 22 workshop:
- Career Pathways PDI FINAL Agenda Nov 2019
- Sample Career Fair Letter
- PHS career brochure
- Sample Invitation Letter Career Fair 2019
- ICAP Trainer Access View
- Copy of Career Fair Contacts 2019
- Sample Career Fair Confirm Letter 2019
- STLCC State of Labor Market PPT
- Engaging Parents & Families
- WorkKeys – Mitchell
- MO Connections Carbol
- Strategies in Action – Pattonville HS career fair
The Professional Development Institute is made possible with support from the Norman J. Stupp Foundation, Commerce Bank trustee, and The Pettus Foundation.